Return to Health Matters
Raw walnut pie recipe
Fancy a treat but trying to cut down on sugar? Try this delicious, naturally sweet raw pie which is dairy-free, gluten free and vegan!
Medjool dates add a caramel sweetness and are an excellent source of fibre. Walnuts are brimming with valuable nutrients, as well as omega 3 fatty acids. Coconut oil is a rich source of MCTs, which is great for energy and gut health. With such fantastic natural ingredients, what are you waiting for?
For the crust:
- 200g raw walnuts
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 25g shredded coconut
- 175g pitted medjool dates
- 2 tbsp melted Organic Virgin Coconut Oil , at room temperature
For the pie filling
- 175g pitted medjool dates, soaked in warm water for at least an hour
- 65g Organic Walnut Butter
- 70g walnuts plus extra for decorating
- 4tbsp melted Organic Virgin Coconut Oil , at room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch sea salt
- Roughly blend the walnuts, sea salt and coconut
- Add the dates and process until the mixture is thoroughly broken down and sticks together
- Press mixture evenly into a 9” springform pan and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Drain the dates and keep the liquid
- Blend together the dates, 70g walnuts, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and about 50ml of the date-soaking water until smooth
- Pour the filling into the crust and smooth over.
- Place in the fridge for at least four hours to set then decorate the top with walnuts.
- Calories - 361.5kcal
- Protein - 5.6g
- Carbohydrate - 22.1g
- Sugars - 18.30g
- Total fat - 27g
- Saturated fat - 8.4g
- Fibre - 3.86g